Pages

Friday 26 January 2018

SMLJ Day 3 - Activty 1, 2 & Bonus Activity

Day 3: It’s All in the Family

Activity 1: The More, the Merrier? victorian family.jpg
In the 1800s, most families were pretty big. In fact, many parents had an average of seven to nine children.  Imagine that you were a child in the 1800s and you had nine siblings.

On your blog, please tell us how you would feel. Would you enjoy being a member of such a large family? Why or why not? I don't want to be in a big family because there will be to much noises and not getting enough attention ,if theirs alot of family memebers ,but i do like my family now how it is

SAMPLE PEPEHA
Ko _______Mt weiington _____ te maunga    The mountain that I affiliate* to is…
Ko ______Tamaki____________ te awa          The river that I affiliate to is….
Ko ________NZ airline_____________ te waka The waka that I affiliate to is…
Ko _______Masua and ahkiea_________ tōku tīpuna My founding ancestor is…
Ko _______Samoa ____ tōku iwi          My tribe is…
Ko ________(Nothing)__________ tōku hapu My sub-tribe is…
Ko ________(Nothing)_________ tōku marae My marae is…
Ko ________ auckland_________ ahau I am from…
Ko_______ Timo and Antonina ___________ōku mātua  My parents are … and …

Ko ______Fasi__________________ tōku ingoa.


90668006.jpg




2 comments:

  1. G'day Fasi,

    I agree with you - with more children the parents may possibly pay more attention to some more than others. And, yes, it would mean a lot of things happening around the house.

    And nice touch on being cybersmart and keeping your last name a secret ;)

    Good work! Hope you have a great start to school next week!

    -Willy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Fasi,

    My name is Megan and I am the cluster manager for the Ako Hiko (Mt Roskill) cluster. It looks like you have been doing a great job on your activities over the summer.

    I was very interested when I read your pepeha and saw the the mountain you affiliate with is Mt Wellington. I, too, have a strong connection with Mt Wellington as I was brought up in a house on Mountain Road. The hill used to be my backyard. Do you live around Mt Wellington? Have you climbed it before?

    Pepeha's are a great way to connect with people,. I was able to make a connection with you as we have a shared love for Mt Wellington. Keep this pepeha close to your heart as it is an important part of your identity.

    I hope you had a lovely summer and enjoyed participating in the Summer Learning Journey.

    Have an awesome day,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.